Colantuono, Highsmith & Whatley, PC has substantial expertise in representing businesses, individuals, and other parties in interest in bankruptcy and insolvency matters, including debtors, creditors, trustees, receivers, creditors’ committees, and potential purchasers in bankruptcy proceedings. We have experience in all aspects of bankruptcy, including relief from the automatic stay, use of cash collateral, contested plans of reorganization and liquidation, and avoidance of preferential or fraudulent transfers. We also have experience representing borrowers and lenders in loan workouts for non-performing and distressed investments.
Our scope of practice includes the following:
- Reorganizations and Liquidations
- Out-of-Court Workouts
- Creditors’ Committee & Bondholder Representations
- Bankruptcy and Indenture Trustee Representations
- Purchase and Sale of Assets in Bankruptcy
- Avoidance Actions and Fraudulent Transfer Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights and Provisional Remedies
- Allowance, Estimation, and Objections to Claims
- Nondischargeability Actions and Objections to Discharge
Combined with our ample public law expertise, we are uniquely well situated to assist California municipalities as to claims against bankrupt estates and others creditors’ rights issues that arise in their financial affairs.