Colantuono, Highsmith & Whatley counsels a broad range of California local governments on all aspects of public works contracting from CEQA compliance and project finance, to public works contracting, bid disputes, change orders, and contract disputes. We are equipped to handle complex construction litigation and dispute resolution in court or in alternative dispute resolution around California. We have handled a wide range of public works infrastructure from roads, to utility infrastructure, to civic buildings, and to beach replenishment projects. In addition to dispute resolution, our public works contracting practice includes deep experience in construction project documentation, regulatory compliance, bidding procedures, performance and payment bonds, claims handling, and project administration.
We have experience with professional services contracts, consulting contracts, construction contracts, procurement contracts, design-bid-build agreements, design-build and design-build-finance-operate agreements.
Our work on construction documents includes bid documents, bidder prequalification, bid awards and disputes, and relief from bid mistakes.
Our experience also includes:
• Advising, preparing, negotiating, and resolving construction claims
• Bidding requirements, protests, and disputes
• Complex construction litigation, arbitrations, mediation, and settlement negotiations
• Construction contracts and documentation
• Contract Administration
• Performance and payment bond enforcement and disputes
• Public works construction advice, claims, litigation